I was able to attend the Northwest Regional Auxiliary Training meeting on April 18th. It was wonderful! The speakers were Sister Elizabeth Ricks from the General Primary Board, Sister Martha Johnson from the General Relief Society Board, Sister Asthon from the General YW Board, and Elder R. Bruce Merrill. As I am serving in the Primary, I will focus my comments on that.
"P" in Primary is always capitalized. Primary means basics. We need to lay the foundation of the gospel basics in Primary. Something that really stuck with me: "We teach the ideal in the church, then we are respectful and mindful of other circumstances." Sharing time is 30 minutes long. 15 minutes are for the Presidency member or class presentations which should include songs, as well. 15 minutes are for the Chorister to teach children new songs, sing fun songs, etc. Bottom line-sing, sing, sing, sing, sing! It engages everyone, teaches gospel principles and invites the Spirit to testify. Stake leaders are resources.
The following week our Stake had a combined Relief Society, Young Women, and Primary Leadership Training meeting. We met together for half an hour, then broke up into groups based on callings. The Primary had a guest speaker come and teach about working with children who are Autistic. It was very informative and useful as we have several children with Autism in our Stake. We also modeled an Opening/Closing Exercises in Primary. I was the chorister and it was fun!
PTA is going fine. Wednesday night my living room was full of boxes of candles as we sorted, counted, and prepared to deliver them to the children. It was a bit caotic, but the job got done and 5 minutes after the house was cleared of PTA personnel, our Home Teachers arrived.
Jason has had several meetings, as well. We take turns having busy weeks. Last week was my busy week. The week prior to that was his. He has another busy week coming up this week with something going on every night. I do get to go to the PTA Convention at the Double Tree Hotel in SeaTac on Friday and Saturday and on a Field Trip with Trevor's class on Thursday, so I'm excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment