Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Cool bed! I like it!"

BriAnn has learned how to climb out of her crib, even with the sides up. The first time she fell from the top and hurt herself, we decided it best for her well-being that we do something different. The same day we decided this, I happened to go past a garage sale with a cute bed for sale. $25 later and a little bit of elbow grease, we ended up with this. What was BriAnn's reaction? "Cool bed! I like it!" She has even slept in it. Right now, she is calling for me to "open the door" because we put the door knob covers on to keep her in. I'm still hoping she will sleep. A few more mintes and I may have to let her out. Yes, she is speaking sentences at 2 years old. However, she does like to do baby talk garbeldyguck at times, like when she spoke on the phone with Uncle Kyle the other day. She is in the stage where she likes to have pictures taken. When she knows a picture is coming, she says "Smile. Say 'cheese'." then sits there or poses until the picture is taken.

The boys are doing well. Trevor is enjoying piano lessons and playing with legos. He hasn't spent as much time in the pool at home as I thought he would. I think he wants a bigger pool. I'm just not ready to go there yet because of drowning hazards.

Tyson fell and jammed a plastic toy in the back of his mouth last night so he has a soar throat and a bit of a raspy voice but is non the worse for his little encounter. He is able to eat and sleep so we will just watch it for infection. The mouth is amazing and heals quite quickly. He is getting excited about "home school preschool" in the fall.

Jason had his colonoscopy and to the relief of all, he is completely clean. He will go back for another one in 5 years. He was rather comical when we picked him up. He didn't remember getting a big chocolate milk shake or calling his family with results or signing papers on a new house (just kidding about the last one-maybe I'll keep that in mind for the next time). The meds they gave him really knocked him out. He slept for about 3 hours afterwards and then felt great.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a perfect princess bed! ...AND great deal. I need to live in your neighborhood! :D

    I am doing peaches next. Probably in a couple weeks. I am new to canning, but I am absolutely hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, BriAnn. If only I could get Jordan out of the crib. Megan's still in our play-pen because he won't give it up. Maybe a cool car or train bed is what he needs.

    ReplyDelete