I've been mulling this one over for a week now, wondering if I'm brave enough to document the occurrence and finally decided I needed to because some day I will stop being grossed out and think it is rather funny to remember. So, here goes:
Last Sunday BriAnn was suppose to be taking a nap when I heard an unusual sound in her room. Upon further investigation, I found a happy little girl with no diaper and painted walls. I had heard of this happening and thought smugly to myself that it would never happen to me or my children. Much to my chagrin, my little GIRL was the one who did it! I decided it was a one time offense and not to worry about it after talking to her about how gross it is. Not so. The same thing happened on Monday. Needless to say, she is now amongst the group of children who run around with duct tape on their diaper to keep them from creating master pieces with their own bodily wastes. (Aren't you glad I didn't post pictures!?)
Follow-up on Trevor: He went to school on Friday and called home about 9:30 am with a tummy ache. Jason told him he was fine and to go back to class, which he did. After he got home from school I asked him how his spelling test went. He replied, "It didn't. That's when I went to the office." Any suggestions on how to calm a nervous test-taking tummy?
Abby's not a painter, but before Abby was potty-trained we had some insidents. I laughed as I took pictures. Her pictures were a little "x-rated" but I photoshopped the x-rated-ness out of them. If you are curious, I even posted about them!
ReplyDeleteI hope it's a little phase for your sake. If it happened to you (and BriAnn), I realize it can happen to ANYONE! Love you, stay strong! :D
Well I guess she really is a Silent Tornado like Kent says! I love the story and so glad you shared. Kyle and I were dying of laugther. I would have loved to see the pictures. It would have been a priceless moment that is for sure!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious! What a silly girl. Johnny has just started taking his diaper off at will so I may try the duck tape as well. Maybe I can prevent a big mess:0) ...and I wish I had some advice to help Trevor out but we're just not at that stage yet. I'm sure he's still just getting used to the new school year.
ReplyDeleteWe have had one little artist in our family as well - but when you have three little boys that is to be expected.
ReplyDeleteOur youngest is finally potty-trained so we only use a pull-up at night as a precaution. The only problem we have with him now is convincing him to get is underwear back on after going to the bathroom. He takes it completely off for #1 or #2 and then just goes streaking when he is done. The poor girls in his 3-4 year old preschool class get to see a side of him they should never have to see.
Maybe I should permanently attach elastic suspenders to his underwear. That way he can pull them down to go and then they will snap right back up when he is done. :-)